Students in Portugal

So, are you ready to study abroad? Why not study in Portugal?

Start the process of learning abroad

Have you always wanted to study abroad? Well great news, RHJ Law will help you to get there!

No matter where you’re moving from, we will help you organise the documents you require to secure the correct residency option required for you to live and study abroad!

We can help with all the aspects of getting ready to study abroad, from the right visa to accommodation and health insurance. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.

What will I need?

First off, you’ll need to obtain the right student visa for where you’re hoping to travel – along with an acceptance letter to a school, college or university.

What else do I need to know?

The other facts to note about becoming an international student, include being able to show proof of your student loan that will cover your tuition fees. As well as this it is good to remember that in some countries, you are only allowed to work and earn for a maximum of 20 hours per week.

Download our FREE brochure

Start the process

Get in touch with us to begin the process of becoming an international student whether its applying for your visa, or finding a place to live

Find out if you're eligible

We’ll review your information, and come back to you with the options available and what you’re likely to be eligible for

Send us the documents

Send your documentation over to us for us to begin your application process

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I work while I study?

As a non-EU citizen in Portugal on a student visa, you are only allowed to work 20-hours per week. If you work more hours than this, you may not be allowed to renew your visa. However, you would be able to work full-time hours during any school holiday/breaks.

What do I need to study in Portugal?

To kick-of your student visa application and begin studying in Portugal, you will need:

  • Proof of acceptance into a Portuguese school, college or university
  • Proof of funds (tuition fees & maintenance loan OR proof of scholarship)
  • Proof of health insurance in your current country of residence
  • Proof of somewhere to live while you are studying
  • Plus more; contact us to find out more and kick-start your visa application

Not found the answers you're looking for? Read more on our knowledgebase

Discover more about RHJ Group & the connected services available to you


Ready to talk to the experts at RHJ Law about your requirements?

Contact Us

Ready? Let's get started.

Whether you’re setting up your business, finding your dream home or securing citizenship for your family; RHJ Law are here to help you. Whatever it is, talk to us today about your move to Cyprus, Malta, Portugal, the UAE, UK or the USA.


Centris Business Gateway Level 2M, Triq Is-Salib Tal-Imriehel, Central Business District Zone 3, Birkirkara CBD3020

Lisbon, Portugal

+351 213303751
Av. da República, Nº 6 – 1st floor left, 1050-191

Porto, Portugal

+351 220280143
RHJA Accountants Lda, Sitio Work – Costa Cabral, Rua de Costa Cabral 2066, 4200-217

Dubai, UAE

+971 42239633
Office No 1310-A, Level 13, Aspin Commercial Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road

London, UK

+44 207 692 7006
80-83 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9ET

Sheffield, UK

+44 114 227 0070
The Quadrant, 99 Parkway Avenue, Sheffield, S9 4WG